From 1.6.04 to 1.7.6 version
Release date: 22.01.2021
file ENC3_176.ROM, MD5 sum is: E73E1A6A49530B354036D66441AD8917
- New compass sensor driver, improved noise immunity.
- New log settings window – you can edit the log calibration coefficient manually.
- Added Auto-REC option. When switched to ‘yes’, the ENC3 console can start recording automatically when immersed in water – see Depth tresh.(old) parameter – and the external log detects water flow.
- Added Auto-HOLD option. When switched to ‘yes’, the ENC3 console can pause recording (HOLD) automatically, when the external log detects no water flow or when the depth is below 0.5 meter.
For more detailed Auto-REC and Auto-HOLD description, you should refer to the updated manual.
- Added Auto+marker option. When switched to ‘yes’, the Auto-HOLD will also cause the marker number to increase and the marker information to store in memory. if set to ‘no’, only the manual HOLD will cause to store the marker.
- Added ‘Deep sleep’ option. When switched to ‘yes’, the ENC3 console can preserve more battery charge during power off. The depth calculation accuracy may be degraded. It is recommenden to set this option to ‘yes’ only when you don’t plan to dive for long period of time. It is recommended to set this option to ‘no’ if you changing your geographics location and planning to dive soon after.
- Added ‘Disable GPS’ option. When switched to ‘yes’, the ENC3 console will not switch the internal GPS receiver on. This can preserve up to 20% of the battery charge in some cases.
- Modified compass calibration screen – now it can inform you about how much time left since last calibration, what was the calibration parameters (including the ‘Match’ value, which can be interpreted as ‘Calibration quality’).
The calibration process now is much more repetitive and shows the real progress value. Compass calibration screen can also show the raw data values of the magnetic field sensor, the accelerometer and the gyroscope.
User can restore his own previous compass calibration, or restore factory calibration as well.
- Compass settings now have declination and deviation set with 0.1 degree accuracy
- The ENC3 console now can determine the Install Angle (relative to the DPV body). One may set the 0,-15,-30,-45 and -60 degree of the Install Angle. Proper setting of the Install Angle is very important to heading calculation accuracy in some cases. The ‘-‘ sign inform you, that Install Angle is ‘leaning forward’. User can also measure and set custom Install Angle. Additional screen can test, if the Install Angle is set properly.
For more detailed Install Angle description, you should refer to the updated manual.
- Improved some minor bugs in the Bluetooth communication stack. You will see Bluetooth or USB icon on the communication screen, regarding of connection type.
- On the communication screen (Send data …) one can see additional icons: Bluetooth or USB, regarding of which connection was initialized.
- You can use the RETURN function only one time. If you choosed RETURN, this field will be shown in dark-red color and cannot be accessed again, until you restart your ENC or until you choose the Destination again.