The Warranty Terms define the obligations of the Seacraft product manufacturer for warranty, the temporal and territorial scope of the Warranty, and the Warranty Owner’s entitlement.
The wording of the Terms of Warranty have the following meaning:
Warranty Claim Form
The form attached to the Warranty Card included in theshipment and also available from the retailer where the purchase was made, is required by the Warranty, including details of the model and serial number of the product to which the application relates, and the description and date of defect identification, as well as a statement of familiarity and acceptance of the warranty terms.
For the purpose of the warranty terms, the warranty claim form is also a vulnerability description (Faults with Fault Identification Date) along with the model and serial number of the product to which the application relates, contact details of the applicant, such as: Name, surname, address, telephone number, email address, and the applicant’s declaration of acquaintance and acceptance of the warranty terms, made by the applicant in a written form other than the warranty claim form;
Rights and obligations of the applicant and the manufacturer regarding liability for the product as a result of the warranty conditions;
A defect or damage to the product that occurs during the warranty period that results from the discovery of hidden defects in material or workmanship, including due to improper assembly or improper manufacturing technology of the product, resulting from normal use of the product in accordance with the manufacturer’s instructions and the service manual.
Instructions of use
A document specifying the technical and operational conditions of the product and the recommendations for the use and maintenance of the product for proper operation, included with each product.
MARINE TECH Spółka Akcyjna, 60-523 Poznań, 75 / 70 Jana Henryka Dąbrowskiego street, KRS: 0000557411, NIP: 7811910188, REGON: 361492147, with a capital of 100 000 PLN fully paid, producing product covered by the warranty and granting the warranty.
The person who sold the product, whose name, model and serial number are specified in the warranty card.
A Seacraft product, manufactured by the manufacturer, covered by the warranty under the terms and conditions set forth in the warranty conditions.
The document defining the manufacturer’s obligations, the type of defect covered by the warranty, the temporal and territorial scope of the warranty, and the warranty owner’s rights.
Applicant, Owner, Buyer
The person (entity) who acquired the product from the producer or retailer in the sale contract or who, after acquiring the product from the producer or retailer, has effectively transferred the ownership of the product during the warranty period.
Product defect report made by the applicant within the framework of the warranty.
Declarations and obligations of the guarantor
- The Guarantor shall guarantee the effective operation of the product for the period specified in paragraph 4 below. Effective operation of the product means that the operation is in accordance with the technical and operating conditions described in the owner’s manual.
- Each product is subjected to thorough control. Positive test results of waterproofing and performance are the basis for handing over the product for sale.
- The warranty is valid in the territory of the European Union.
- The warranty is granted to the buyer and includes:
- battery (if present) for a period of 6 months
- other parts of the product for a period of 12 months from the date of first sale indicated on the warranty card
- The Guarantor shall provide, within the framework of the warranty, free repair or replacement of the product free from defects if, as a result of the examination of the Warranty Inquiry, the manufacturer’s defect has been found and the other conditions of warranty implementation specified in these warranty conditions are fulfilled. The choice between repairing and replacing a product belongs to the manufacturer.
- One of the conditions for repairing or replacing a product on a fault-free basis is that the part affected by the fault is the original part, and if it was repaired or replaced, it was in accordance with the Warranty Terms.
- The Guarantor is not bound by any changes made without their consent in the contents of the Warranty Card, in particular in the terms of the warranty. This does not only apply to the retailer completing the relevant data for the Warranty Card fields.
Exclusions of Warranty
- The manufacturer is responsible only for faults resulting from reasons caused by the manufacturer.
- The warranty does not cover damage to the product after its sale, for reasons other than those referred to in point 1 above and in particular:
- Damage caused by incorrect use of the product, not in accordance with the manufacturer’s instructions, the Service Manual or the intended use of the product.
- Mechanical, thermal or chemical damage caused by incorrect network voltage or other, caused by external causes.
- Damage caused by lack of proper operation, maintenance, use and maintenance of the product, in particular due to lack of rinsing the product after diving, in fresh, clean water, and drying.
- Damage resulting from the lack of appropriate, periodic maintenance of the product, consisting of periodic maintenance specified in the Service Manual;
- Damage caused by repairs and / or modifications to the product by third parties / persons who are not the manufacturer’s service technicians or are using non-original or regenerated parts and materials.
- Scratches and damage to the product casing due to its normal use.
- Damage caused by transport, improper storage, being dropped, fire or accident.
- The warranty does not cover components and materials subject to wear and tear.
- The warranty does not cover the adjustment, balancing, trimming, lubrication, cleaning of the product, as well as changes in the parameters of the product, such as the pull, speed, working time, in relation to technical specifications, resulting from normal varied operations.
Making the Warranty Claim
- The entity authorized to make a warranty claim is the owner of the product, in possession of a Warranty Card.
- The basis for making a warranty claim is:
- Sending the product with a properly completed Warranty Card and a completed Warranty Claim Form (or written information about the defect, together with the Applicant’s contact information, in accordance with the provisions of paragraph 3 below) at the expense of the Guarantor, to the address of the nearest service center to the product at the time of application, and if such a service center is not present locally, or is closed, to the nearest available service center to the product at the time of application. The current list of service points can be found on the manufacturer’s website.
- The delivery of the product to the service center should be by courier service, by prior arrangement with the service center. The product, prior to dispatch, should be reasonably secured against damage sustained in transport.
- By sending a product to the address referred to in sec. 2, the applicant is obliged to fill in the warranty claim form and send information about the fault (description of defect and date of defect identification) together with the model and serial number of the product to which the application relates, the contact details of the applicant, such as: name, address, telephone number, email address and a declaration by the applicant in written form other than the warranty application form.
Investigating the Warranty Claim
- The Manufacturer shall inform the Applicant of receipt of the product by e-mail sent to the address indicated on the Warranty Claim Form and then pre-verify that the Applicant is entitled to the warranty. If the Applicant is not entitled to the rights under the warranty i.e. in particular, the Warranty Period has expired, the Warranty has expired for other reasons as set forth in the Warranty Conditions, the Warranty Card is not enclosed or the Warranty Card is not fulfilled. The Manufacturer shall inform the Applicant by e-mail sent to the address indicated on the Warranty Claim Form. If the Applicant submits a product without submitting a Warranty Claim Form at the same time, or submits an unfilled or incomplete Warranty Claim Form, or fails to identify the Applicant or Reported defect, the Guarantor will disregard the case without any further action.
- If the Applicant is entitled to the warranty, the manufacturer shall undertake diagnostic tests to verify the existence of the reported defect. The Manufacturer will inform the Applicant about the result of the verification by e-mail sent to the address indicated on the Warranty Claim Form.
- If a defect is found, if the defect is covered by the Warranty, in particular, there is no warranty exclusion under point III of the Warranty conditions the manufacturer is responsible for repairing defects / exchanging damaged product for a model free of defects within 30 days of the date of delivery of the product to the address indicated in p. IV.2 of the Warranty conditions.
- If it is determined that a defect is not covered by the warranty, the Manufacturer, via email sent to the address indicated on the Warranty Claim Form, will provide the Applicant with a description of the defect, including any possible post-warranty repair of the defect at the expense of the Applicant and the anticipated repair costs. Upon receipt of notice that the reported defect is not subject to repair under the warranty, the applicant may, within 7 days of receipt of the message, make an out-of-warranty repair at its own expense. If the Applicant fails to do so within the prescribed time limit, and if the result of the investigation indicates that there are no defects in the product, or the Applicant is not entitled to the rights covered by the Warranty, the Manufacturer will return the product together with the Warranty Card to the Applicant
- Upon completion of repair or replacement of the product as well as in the event of a returning the product without any repairs, the Manufacturer informs the Applicant of the dispatch by e-mail sent to the address indicated on the Warranty Claim Form. The manufacturer may provide the Applicant’s contact details as indicated on the Warranty Claim Form to the person/entity ordered to return the product, to enable this service
- The cost of sending a product to the address indicated in p. IV.2 and the cost of sending the product to the applicant (to the address indicated on the Warranty claim Form) is payable by the manufacturer.
- In the case of unjustified warranty claim, (Applicants are not entitled to the Warranty, the defect is not covered under the Warranty or the existence of a defect is not confirmed as a result of technical research of the product) the manufacturer may require the applicant to reimburse costs for diagnostic research testing and transportation of the product.
The warranty expires in case of:
- verification by the Guarantor of alterations, interventions, modifications or structural modifications to the product made by unauthorized persons / entities, i.e. not being service technicians of the Manufacturer,
- verification by the Guarantor of interference inside the product by unauthorized persons / entities, i.e. not being service technicians of the Manufacturer,
- the Guarantor being prevented from performing the obligations set out in the warranty by failing to deliver the product to the address indicated in Sec. IV.2 of the Warranty Conditions, in spite of sending the warranty Claim Form and/or the Warranty Card to the address
- verification by the Guarantor of damage to the product excluded from the scope of the warranty, referred to in point. III.2. a), b), c), d), e), f) and g) of the Warranty conditions.
The warranty does not exclude, limit or prejudice the Buyer’s rights under the warranty provisions for defects of the item sold.